SUMMARY OF JOB
Performs the following tasks and others as assigned by supervisor:Under limited supervision, performs administrative management work in the operation, maintenance, and development of the Port Authority Department. Work involves assisting the Port Manager manage the operations of Plaquemines Port Harbor and Terminal District/Port Authority by performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Reports to the Deputy Port Director.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREDFOR ADMISSION TO EXAMINATION
• Baccalaureate Degree plus four years of professional level experience in administrative duties, marketing and/or communications. Marketing/Communications degree preferred. Six years of full-time work experience in any field may be substituted for the required baccalaureate degree.
• Satisfactory physical condition, including back, vision and hearing
• Mechanical background preferred; diesel experience preferred
• Must be honest and exhibit good moral/ethical behavior• Must have a current Louisiana Driver’s License with satisfactory record
• Must have a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) or able to obtain within six (6) months of employment
• MUST submit to and pass a criminal history background check through Louisiana State Police, Criminal Identification Bureau which may confirm or deny eligibility with Plaquemines Port Harbor & Terminal District
KIND OF EXAMINATION(ENTRANCE AND PROMOTIONAL)
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, an oral panel interview or any combination thereof. Applicant must submit accurate, detailed application forms providing all requested information, including descriptions of work experience, names, and addresses of previous employers and dates employed. Qualified applicants will be notified of the time, date place of any assembled test(s) which may be given.